We are now supplying two new hard drive products at opposite ends of the data storage spectrum.
Samsung T3 portable SSD
Weighing in at just 51g and with dimensions of 74mm x 58mm x 10.5mm – this SSD is an ideal super fast storage solution for use when travelling. SSD drives are a lot more resilient than regular spinning disk drives due to having no moving parts.
The interface is USB-C but with the included cable it will connect to any traditional USB device. When connected to a USB 3.0 computer it will give read/write speeds up to 450MB/s which is up to three times faster than a traditional HDD.
The Samsung T3 SSD is available in the following capacities: 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB. The unit is also compatible with MAC, PC and Android devices.
Available to purchase now from our online store – Datastores.
Next up is the QNAP TVS-871T. QNAP specialise in NAS drives (Network attached storage).
The QNAP TVS-871T is the world’s first Thunderbolt DAS/NAS/iSCSI SAN triple solution, designed for creative media professionals looking to streamline large 4K video and design workflows.
With the incredible power of Thunderbolt 2 to double the speed potential to 20 Gbps, simultaneous 4K video transfer and display is enabled with considerable cost effectiveness.
It’s also a perfect match for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac* users for 4K workflows, file storage and high-speed sharing. Incorporating reliability and security, the TVS-871T delivers the highest transfer rates ever as storage with persistent throughput, and provides a complete business-ready storage solution to build a reliable private cloud.
Thunderbolt 2 and 10GbE dual network for 4K video playback and on-the-fly editing
- Consolidated storage solution with direct attached storage (DAS), network attached storage (NAS) and iSCSI-SAN
- Scalable up to 448TB with Thunderbolt 2 storage expansion enclosures TX-800P/ TX-500P
- 4 available combinations with Macs and JBOD for flexible attaching, sharing and expansion
- Tiered storage architecture and SSD caching for optimal storage utilization
- Supports QvPC Technology, running virtual machines, storage virtualization and full NAS encryption
Further spec’ and info’ please check the product page or call our sales team on 0207 291 0890.